Archive for the ‘EVENTS/FUNDRAISERS’ Category
Saturday, June 15, 2013
9:00 – 11:00 a.m.
5205 S. Pennsylvania, Lansing, MI
Sponsor – $250
Host – $100
Family – $50
Individual – $25
Paid for by and please make non-corporate checks payable to:
Committee to Elect Tom Cochran
418 Coppersmith Drive
Mason, MI 48854
Please RSVP to email@example.com
2013 Mille Jeffrey Awards Dinner
sponsored by the
MDP Justice Caucus
Sunday, June 9. 2013
Reception 5:30 p.m.
Dinner 6:30 p.m.
Westin Southfield, 1500 Town Center, Southfield, MI 4075
Keynote Speaker: Senator Bernie Sanders (I-VT)
RSVP by June 5th
Dinner and Reception Ticket, $160 each
Dinner Only Ticket, $99 each
Make checks payable to "Justice for Michigan PAC" or you may pay by credit or debit card online at www.Justice4Michigan.org by June 5th
Meridian Dems Meeting
Thursday, June 6, 2013
Old Chicago, banquet room
Marsh Rd. & Grand River
6:30 p.m. – Social Hour
7:00 p.m. – Speaker
Barb Byrum, Ingham County Clerk
This informative session will cover such topics as:
1.) Election rigging proposed and pushed by our Sec. of State
2.) Proposed Electoral College changes
3.) Redistricting Reform
4.) Voter Suppression
We will also hold elections for our 3 Trustee spots, one each for East Lansing, Haslett and Okemos. Current nominees include Curtis Hertel (East Lansing), Winnie Motherwell (Haslett) and Dan Fox (Okemos). Others interested are encouraged to attend and be nominated.
WHAT: The Michigan Summit 2013
WHEN: Saturday, June 8, 2013, 8:00 a.m.
WHERE: Michigan State University, East Lansing
WHO: YOU – REGISTER TODAY!
The Michigan Summit 2013 will:
- Focus on hot progressive issues like corporate and government accountability, current strategies to protect voting rights, civil rights, the environment, public education investment, and worker's rights.
- Showcase progressive ideas and initiatives that Michigan organizers support.
- Grow our public education and advocacy to meet the unprecedented challenges facing Michigan's families and communities.
- Draw power and inspiration from new allies, activists and leaders.
Register and sign up to sponsor the Summit at our Web site, themichigansummit.org.
Regular Registration is $35.00 and
Special Rate Registration Fee for Students is $25.00
Questions? Call or email Michigan Summit Director Chong-Anna Canfora at 517.290.6148 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Common Cause Michigan
Cooley Chapter of Federalist Society
Cooley Chapter of ACLU
League of Women voters of the Lansing area
invite you to join an important conversation
"Let's Talk – Can We Fund Our Elections More Openly and Fairly?"
Monday, May 20. 2013
7:30 to 9:30 p.m.
Cooley Law School, Lansing
300 S. Capitol Avenue Room CC404
Program will include a panel of experts, moderated by Michigan Reporter Chris Christoff.
Panelists will include: Jocelyn Benson, interim dean of Wayne State University Law School; Rich Robinson, executive director of the Michigan Campaign Finance Network; and Ken Sikkema, senior policy fellow at Public Sector Consultants.
Candidate for U.S. Senate
MDP Regional Organizer Job Posting
The Michigan Democratic Party is seeking ambitious, energetic individuals for the position of Regional Organizer. Regional Organizers will be charged with implementing goals set by the Field Director to achieve Democratic victories in the state legislature in 2014. The Regional Organizers will work with campaign stakeholders from the party, labor, and other groups to engage voters and volunteers in efforts to win legislative seats in 2014.
Organizers are sought throughout Michigan and will be based out of an assigned geography, not based from Lansing.
The following are requirements for the Regional Organizer position:
· Plan and execute events holding state Republicans accountable for votes on key issues impacting working families.
· Engage in a minimum of 16 hours of call time per week to recruit volunteers and to talk to voters.
· Meet with leaders and activists to build relationships and coordinate activities.
· Recruit and train volunteers to engage in voter contact, message event planning, and other projects.
· Develop and distribute social media content and materials.
· Use and train volunteers on the VAN extensively for voter contact and volunteer activities.
· Work with local parties on party building activities.
· Create and implement voter contact strategies and voter registration activities.
· Report daily to Field Director on progress and challenges.
Essential Functions and Qualifications:
· Minimum of 1 election cycle campaign or organizing experience
· Reliable transportation and a valid drivers license
· Must be able to multi-task
· Excellent oral and written communications skills
· Must be a self-starter
· Excellent computer skills
· Must be able to work irregular hours and weekends through November of 2014
To apply email a resume, cover letter, and references to: email@example.com
Printed in-house ♦ Paid for by Clinton County Democratic Party
P.O. Box 232, DeWitt, MI 48820-0232
Contributions are not U.S. tax-deductible.